Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Planning Tips | The Getaway Car

You've booked the ceremony and the reception. You've picked the cake flavors and made the do not play list for the DJ. You've even started racing home after work to get the mail, because the RSVPs are pouring in!

Now it's time for the details, including the logistics of getting from here to there. There are many options out there for transportation and depending on your style, budget and maybe a childhood dream, you can find something that will suit you.

A stretch limo, Hummer or Excursion are classic options. The trolley is one of my favorite because it fits everyone & their dates. Classic cars, such as a Mini above, make a really great statement. Your local classic car clubs might rent out their private fleet for weddings & events. Any unique car would be great for transporting the wedding party to your reception. I've even seen pictures of couples leaving via boat after their gorgeous lakeside ceremony.

Have any of you seen some amazing getaways you'd like to share?

[editor's note - this was orginally posted on February 13, 2008]

[image source]

Amy Carroll Feb 13, 2008, 9:40:00 PM

I am always a fan of the classic car or trolley..I've even had a horse-drawn trolley at a wedding I've shot!...but a boat get-away would be SO fabulous!

jennifer Feb 19, 2008, 10:19:00 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer Feb 19, 2008, 10:21:00 AM

I had a boat entrance once for a beautiful lakeside reception--quite spectacular!

Everyone was astounded since they kept it a big secret.

One of my favorites is a classic convertible.

I got a fun shot driving behind the getaway car once, it's the 4th image on the slideshow on my home page. They were stopped at a light and waving to all the honking cars-so cute! Everyone thinks its posed but its not. :)

Lindsey Rietscha Oct 14, 2009, 8:43:00 AM

We're planning to do a vespa as long as the rain holds off!!! We practiced riding two people on one scooter this summer, so hopefully we can do it with my poofy dress!

Lindsey Oct 14, 2009, 8:45:00 AM

We're planning to drive away on a vespa! We practiced this summer on one but we'll see how it goes when I have my big poofy dress on!

sem Oct 15, 2009, 5:12:00 AM

I love classic and vintage cars. I’m not really in to new cars. But my dream getaways ride is a horse or a jet plane waiting outside. That would be awesome.

Furniture movers Oct 15, 2009, 5:14:00 AM

I always wanted simple but romantic car getaway. I’m still thinking what that would be. Hmmm!

Picasso Perfect Photography Oct 19, 2009, 5:41:00 PM

any classic car but a 1966 mustang I saw was great!!!

Picasso Perfect Photography