Friday, February 6, 2009

A Lovely Winter Wedding

On December 27, 2008, Matt & Claire were married in Grand Rapids, Michigan. My friend Melissa, of Melissa Diekema Photography, did an amazing job capturing this wedding & all of its details. There were many DIY elements, I couldn't help but share this wedding with my readers. I absolutely adore the flowers, and the design elements - ooh, and did I mention the couple is completely cute?

With Spring on the far horizon - six more weeks, right? - we have plenty more snow in store around West Michigan. And although I'm longing for yellow daffodils, Easter dresses & warmer weather, I'm loving the gorgeous winter colors and crisp white snow.

A huge thank you to Melissa for sharing these photos with us!

Jessica@Stella Event Design Feb 6, 2009, 8:42:00 AM

I love the ornaments used in the centerpieces---the colors are beautiful! They picked a gorgeous color palette for a winter wedding---thanks for sharing Aletha!

Joy'l Ver Heul Feb 6, 2009, 8:43:00 AM

I love those bridesmaid dresses. That blue is so stunning. A gorgeous choice!

jessica lynn Feb 6, 2009, 8:50:00 AM

such a pretty wedding with great details!

Alison Feb 6, 2009, 8:51:00 AM

Absolutely STUNNING! Prefect colors to stand out with the winter white snow and I love, love Claire's dress, it is gorgeous on her! It is a really neat idea to give the bridesmaids scarfs that coordinate with the wedding theme. Overall, Melissa did an AMAZING job getting down to the details, thanks Aletha, for showing us her pictures!

April {April Foster Events} Feb 6, 2009, 8:52:00 AM

I love it - I also love the large pics! great change to your blog

Heather Feb 6, 2009, 9:06:00 AM

love the colors of this wedding!

Lynn, West Park Photography Feb 6, 2009, 9:54:00 AM

I love the way the altar/aisles were dressed up. Very pretty and perfect for a winter wedding.

Melissa did a fantastic job capturing all the details. :)

ZenadiaDesign Feb 6, 2009, 1:25:00 PM

Beautiful wedding!! Love the colors and the bride is too cute!

Courtney Feb 6, 2009, 2:47:00 PM

I love love love this colour palette for a winter wedding. Just beautiful. [The phootography is amazing].

I fully agree with previous comments: the larger photos really add to your blog. Good decision.

Things are looking beautiful Aletha!

Katie Jo Feb 6, 2009, 5:11:00 PM

I adore the white and blue combo. Beautiful!

Bliss Weddings & Events Feb 6, 2009, 5:47:00 PM

I'm loving the backdrop for the ceremony. So pretty!

Kelly Braman Photography Feb 6, 2009, 5:53:00 PM

I love this winter wedding! Melissa's images are gorgeous-the details really pop with the color palette they chose. I love it!!