Friday, June 5, 2009

Weekend Eye Candy

When I saw this wedding preview on Shutter Sam Photography's blog, I immediately sent Sam a request to feature it here. Sam sent over these great shots of the recent wedding of Erin & Adam - and I love all the details, with my favorite being the dessert table. The couple was married at Johnson Park in Grandville, Michigan - a park I have visited numerous times as a child. Laura Taylor, a local seamstress, made Erin's gown. And the bride's aunt put together all of the flowers.

Erin will wear the wedding ring her grandmother wore, exactly as it was, except sized down a bit. The bracelet she wore was her great-grandmother's and the lace around Erin's flowers was from her mom’s wedding gown. All the food and desserts were done by family and friends except the BBQ pork, which that was made by local favorite, Sandmanns.

I love this gorgeous, local wedding.

Mindy Jun 5, 2009, 9:20:00 AM

this wedding strikes an emotional chord - i think it is the extremely strong sense of family and tradition, from the homemade desserts and flower arrangements, to the dress lace, and jewelry passed down, makes it so meaningful and beautiful. i LOVE the B&W of the couple (the last image).

Spark Creative Photography Jun 5, 2009, 2:03:00 PM

Love the shot of the flowers by the door! Totally cute!

Genevieve McKeiver Photography Jun 5, 2009, 7:54:00 PM

Absolutely perfect. I love them! Awesome job Sam, you rock!

Regina White Jun 5, 2009, 10:29:00 PM

Sam I love your work! These are great and me love details too. U captured them so perfectly.

emerycophoto Jun 5, 2009, 11:30:00 PM

Good Work, Sam!!! It looks good sweety!

Aletha | Pearls Events Jun 7, 2009, 11:12:00 PM

I think the details are just too sweet! Sam rocks :)

Kelly Braman Photography Jun 9, 2009, 9:58:00 AM

ooh~I just LOVE these images~the feel~the details~:)
Fabulous job, Sam!!!