Monday, October 5, 2009

Pastry Chef MiraBella Confections
Beauty
Splurge Salon & Spa
Transportation
Elite Pedicabs
Fun The Photobooth Company

Liz was one of those brides-to-be that I clicked with instantly. We sat down last December to discuss her October 2009 wedding plans. She was in pharmacy school on the east side of the state while trying to plan a wedding on the west side of the state. We stepped in and the time we spent with her was fabulous! I cannot express how much I enjoyed working with this couple!

I dropped by the salon with breakfast Saturday morning before heading down to The BOB to begin transforming the room. Both Amy & Tara joined me to set the luxurious linens, customer chargers & menus, and chair treatments. I headed over to the JW Marriott to help Liz into her gown, then it was back to The BOB to make certain things were on track. Ann from Forrester Farm was assembling the centerpieces on-site, Tara worked on the escort card table, complete with custom lampshades from designers Events by I. Candy, while Amy was busy making sure each place setting was perfect. My team is amazing and I cannot do the work without them - thank you, ladies!

Amy & I hitched a ride to the church for the four o'clock ceremony. Everything went smoothly and thankfully, there was a break in the rain clouds for family photos outside the gorgeous front doors. We all jumped on the trolley and headed to the reception for the grand entrance.

Toasts and prayer preceded dinner, which was a scrumptious plated entree of both steak & chicken. The out-of-this-world, chocolate wrapped cake by MiraBella Confections was show-stopping. It was cut & served after dinner and I've never tasted a cake so amazing - seriously. I must thank 2008 bride, Rose, for introducing me to Ken at MiraBella.

After dinner, the dancing portion of the evening began. Since EVE is a nightclub lounge, it is set up perfectly for a rockin' party. The deejay booth is huge and equipped with the right gear to keep the party going all night long. And it did - the dance floor was completely packed. And if you're not up for dancing, there are many little quiet spots in the club to hang out in.

Kobe beef sliders were served at nine o'clock and the dancing continued until the couple made their way to their hotel room via pedicab! It was an amazing way to end our fabulous 2009 wedding season. I look forward to showing you more photos from Lisa Kae Photography and hopefully can get my hands on some video coverage from John at Coastline Studios.

Congratulations to Liz & Don!

Lindsey Rietscha Oct 5, 2009, 10:18:00 AM

I'm sort of obsessed with her bolero! Gorgeous Aletha!!!

Aletha | Pearls Events Oct 5, 2009, 10:20:00 AM

Lindsey - wait until you see the rest of the details! I've been obsessed since the design started falling into place :)

Nicole Haley Oct 5, 2009, 10:43:00 AM

Gorgeous! And you're right, she is totally full of style. Like serious, right-out-of-a-magazine style!

lianne Oct 5, 2009, 11:36:00 AM

oh wow! she looks beautiful! i love her style! i want to see all of her pictures!

Nycia @ Inspired Events Oct 5, 2009, 2:52:00 PM

Simply BEAUTIFUL!! I can't wait to see more!

Flower Design Jane Oct 5, 2009, 3:10:00 PM

Love the little bolero jacket, very cute

Alexis Oct 5, 2009, 5:06:00 PM

Lovely! The parasol is very pretty too. Mirabella cake... normally I am NOT a cake person but that cake is not normal- it's exceptionally awesome!

landlocked bride Oct 5, 2009, 6:13:00 PM

LOVE that bolero. I plan on buying one for myself in red!

Amanda B. Young Oct 5, 2009, 11:39:00 PM

Alright, she's killing me with that bolero. AYKM? Stunning!

baby crib Oct 6, 2009, 4:19:00 AM

I am full of envy with those photos! I hope I can find a very good photographer on my wedding day! It would be great!

LVL Photography | Leda Oct 6, 2009, 9:16:00 AM

Saturday was beyond FABULOUS! Aletha, everything could not have been more perfect!

And we have got to get the etsy info on that woman in Ireland who made that bolero!

aruna b. photography Oct 6, 2009, 5:58:00 PM

wow what a beautiful bride with great style! Awesome photography too! Can't wait to see more!

lisa kae Oct 6, 2009, 11:24:00 PM

Aletha~it was gorgeous!!!! Liz was gorgeous! I am so glad you were apart of this event...it was breath-takingly beautiful, thanks for giving me amazing details to photograph!