Friday, January 22, 2010

Pearls Events Favorite | Wedding Splurges

When the Pearls Events Blog was a little less than a month old, I wrote a post about wedding day splurges. It was great to see what other people spent their budget on, and if it was worth it in the end.

For my wedding day, our biggest cost was the photography. After seeing a friend's wedding photos, I was set on hiring the photographer she used. And even though it was going to cost more than dinner, I was at peace with our investment. In the end, I am still completely smitten with our photos and wouldn't have done it any other way.

So - what did you splurge on? Letterpress invitations? That Monique Lhuillier lace gown? Or how about those custom chocolate-dipped strawberries you just had to have? What about the fancy filet for everyone?

And the big question -
was it worth it? Would you do it again?

Lisa Green Jan 22, 2010, 9:33:00 AM

Our splurge was the location - while we were so lucky and fortunate to use our friends property - having a tented wedding came with a lot of extra costs that would have been avoided if we had chosen some place else. But, our wedding day was simply amazing and I wouldn't have changed anything at all!

Jennifer Jan 22, 2010, 9:43:00 AM

I didn't really go overboard on the wedding itself, but we rented a suite at the Ritz Carlton for our wedding night. In the morning, we hired one of the Ritz chauffeurs to take us to the airport in one of their fancy cars. It wash rush hour traffic and we felt like royalty riding in that car! The cost was ridiculous, but it was so worth it and so much fun!!! We might do it again for our 10th anniversary or something.

jammie Jan 22, 2010, 10:15:00 AM

We really splurged on renting square tables and gold chivari chairs, as well gorgeous linens and chargers. These were all extras as our venue already provided tables, chairs and linens.

It was definitely worth it - I'd spend (or over-spend) all over again!!! Just before we entered the reception, our guests were already seated and we had the chance to take a peak in the room. It was absolutely magical looking. I will never forget how I felt at that moment.

We've been married seven months and are still talking about how happy we were with our selections.

Stephanie Jan 22, 2010, 6:00:00 PM

Photography was ours and I would do it again in a heartbeat. We will always have those pictures. The food, flowers, DJ, favors, etc only last so long, but the pictures are here for forever!

Vanessa Jan 22, 2010, 6:57:00 PM

Hmmmm, we are spacing the costs out fairly evenly actually, but I was intent on not compromising on the photography. My shoes were also a splurge. I know: we are splurging on the honeymoon. That is our huge splurge. We're going to SF and Hawaii and staying at the Four Seasons throughout. Completely extravangant, but I know it'll be worth it!

BREE Jan 23, 2010, 2:05:00 PM

Our big splurges were the photo-booth which served as the guest favors and our honeymoon to the Virgin Islands! I am happy to say that both were worth EVERY single penny.

Our guests still talk about how much fun the photo-booth was and what a surprise it was. We didn't tell anyone about the photo-booth, not even our parents or attendants. It's so great to go to friends/family homes and still see the photo strips on the refrigerators with our custom magnets.

Our honeymoon was spectacular!!! So romantic and relaxing, exactly what we needed which is why we are so glad we splurged and went somewhere unique and treated ourselves to the experience.

Lynn, West Park Photography Jan 25, 2010, 11:15:00 AM

As a vendor, it's so interesting to see these comments. This is a great topic to discuss!