Monday, January 4, 2010

Real Wedding 2009 | Liz & Don

I am excited to be sharing more of Liz & Don's wedding photos from October 2009. This was the last wedding of our season, and I could not have asked for a better day. Despite the rainy fall day, the couple was surrounded by family & friends and everyone enjoyed themselves, with almost every single guest staying until the very end of the reception - something I do not see too often.

With many of their friends coming from out of town, having both the ceremony & reception downtown Grand Rapids kept everyone centralized and getting around easy. Liz let me run with my design ideas and we transformed the EVE Lounge at The B.O.B into a contemporary reception location that even the employees had never seen.

With the bold color palatte, modern design & scrumptious details, I'm proud to say this is not the last you'll be seeing of Liz & Don's wedding. It will be published soon and I'll share the media mention when I get a copy of the magazine in my hands.

Congrats once again to Liz & Don!

[photos copyright Lisa Kae Photography]

Meghan Jan 4, 2010, 11:14:00 AM

Aletha, this wedding is so gorgeous! I bet it was fun to work with a bride with such great style.

Daisy Jean Jan 4, 2010, 11:27:00 AM

im in LOVE with her jacket. Best accessory and new trend!

Ann Jan 4, 2010, 2:15:00 PM

The photos are beautiful! What a great looking couple!

Ann
Forrester Farm
www.forresterfarm.com

Michelle@Memorable Events Jan 4, 2010, 3:44:00 PM

All the details are just amazing, fantastic job, can't wait to see it in print!

brit @ landlocked bride Jan 4, 2010, 4:12:00 PM

So excited you featured this one! I remember you talking about it and showing some details when we were up in GR with you. Love the linens! What a great pop of color!

Candice @ Jubilee Events Jan 4, 2010, 6:43:00 PM

Completely gorgeous. I love the colors - especially that bolero!

amanda Jan 4, 2010, 7:02:00 PM

simply amazing! those shoes and that wrap are so making me drool. i love it!!
Great photos, so bright and gorgeous!
thanks for sharing! :)

Debbie Jan 4, 2010, 8:27:00 PM

Gorgeous wedding and fantastic details. Great job Aletha!

Lynn, West Park Photography Jan 25, 2010, 11:26:00 AM

I love all the splashes of color, from the bride's shoes & wrap, to the inspired chargers and menus on the table. Oh, and those parasols look amazing! Love that shot in with the parasols - really cool location!