Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Real Event 2010 | GRunveiled | Part II

After three-and-a-half months of planning GRunveiled, Joy'l and I were more than ready for March 11th to roll around. Load in & set up went smoothly throughout the day, and at 3:30, I headed home to print out the final pre-sale ticket list. We sold 182 tickets ahead of time and could have have been more excited!

After getting cash to make change at the front door, I headed back downtown to do a final walk through, and got ready to greet our guests. At 6pm on-the-dot, our first guests arrived, and until about 9pm, that is how it went! With the tickets we gave away to the media, the ticket sales at the door, plus family attending, (minus a few no-shows) my best tally is around 230 guests with us on Thursday evening! About 130 more people that we hoped for!

After guests left the main floor of St. Cecilia's, they made their way up the grand staircase to the Dexter Ballroom. This is a snippet of what the evening looked like upstairs. The Pearls Events space was strategically placed on the landing (top image), which I loved because I had a bird's eye view of the entry way, and had the advantage of greeting many of our guests as they made their way upstairs.

Look for one more blog post today with people images. I love how our official photographer, Nicole Haley, captured our exhibitors interacting with our guests!

[all images copyright Nicole Haley Photography]

Sara Mar 16, 2010, 8:39:00 AM

Gorgeous! All the the vendors' booths looked amazing. Wish I was not too far away to attend. Do you have any plans to hold GRunveiled 2011? I am dying to come!

dusty Mar 16, 2010, 8:52:00 AM

WOW, great job Aletha! It all looks fantastic! Kudos to all involved and to each vendor. Your hard work has paid off!

Aletha | Pearls Events Mar 16, 2010, 8:55:00 AM

Hi Sara,
Yes, we are already dreaming up 2011. We will keep everyone updated when anything is set in stone - the date, location, vendors, etc.! We'd love to see you there :)

Victoria Mar 16, 2010, 11:12:00 AM

looks fabulous!

kristen ~ k.holly Mar 16, 2010, 12:39:00 PM

Looks like a success! Congratulations Aletha, and everyone! :)

Kim Mar 16, 2010, 1:40:00 PM

Thanks so much for the event! I had a wonderful time and it was so nice to meet everyone. I absolutely loved your space Aletha, it looked great :)

Alyse Woodward Events Mar 16, 2010, 5:28:00 PM

Aletha the entire event looks so fantastic! I love, love the vintage suitcase at your booth - may just have to use that in an upcoming photoshoot. Gorgeous!

Cora Anne Designs Mar 16, 2010, 8:54:00 PM

Wow! I thought about you guys a lot that day and hoped all was going well! Now I really regret not stopping by when I see how amazing everyone's dislays were! Congratuations again!

landlocked bride Mar 16, 2010, 9:31:00 PM

Oh, Aletha! It looks like everything turned out fantastically! I'm still in love with the paper goods! Everything looks awesome!