Friday, April 30, 2010

Pearls Events Favorite | Target Dresses

I posted in March of 2008 about two Issac Mizrahi social dresses. Since then, Issac has stopped designing for Target, however Target's private label, Merona, has set the bar high for reasonably priced dresses. I shop at Target for almost everything, so it's no surprise I've blogged about Target dresses before. I think it's safe to say that many women (size 0 - 16) will be pleased with the options this season!

I admit I was worried the quality would go down when Issac departed; little did I know that Target was ready to take mass-market, private label to the next level. Every time I go to the women's section, like I did last night on a grocery run, I'm amazed by the work and party-appropriate dresses from Merona. The fabric is lovely, they are lined, and the fit is great!

Target's women section has great signage, and their advertising campaign is genius - it's the only ad in the Sunday Press I look forward to - however their in-store merchandising isn't the best. Thankfully, their online store really makes up for it! I love how they showed this simple denim dress three different ways - at the beach, in the office, out for dinner!

Enjoy your weekend!

Nicole Haley Apr 30, 2010, 7:14:00 AM

Uh oh. I think this post is going to cost me a little extra on my next Target run. Thanks for the inspiration, Aletha! :D

sweetpeaevents Apr 30, 2010, 9:46:00 AM

This is such a fun post, Aletha! Super cute dresses...I might need to stop by Target this weekend! :)

Daisy Apr 30, 2010, 10:10:00 AM

Pretty sure I NEED that denim dress. Thanks for helping me spend... :)

landlocked bride Apr 30, 2010, 2:57:00 PM

I live at Target (well almost, it is across the street from us, literally). I own a ton of Target dresses - it's pretty insane.

kristen ~ k.holly Apr 30, 2010, 4:25:00 PM

Um, yes! You know I'm such a fiend for Target already... gosh, that hot pink one is to die for!

Melissa Apr 30, 2010, 6:10:00 PM

Saw these dresses just this week at Target. I love them!